Safeco Field

Safeco Field

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Life in Aussie-land

I know you're all expecting a rundown on how life in Perth is going.  However, a reminder that Perth has a zoo and the Perth Royal Show (American translation:  county fair) has gotten me thinking about animals.  I have no idea why but I want to introduce you to a new favorite animal that I've met here in Australia...the Lorikeet. I've never seen so many colors on one animal before.  It's amazing. Love love love them!



Anyway, life here is good for the most part.  I need to find a church and some friends outside of baseball if only to vary the conversation a bit.  I'm settling into the routine, which is a bit too routine for me so I need to find a way to mix it up.  A bit hard when you work 6 days a week.  I am coaching Little League and loving it.  I may end up coaching all summer, but probably not playing.  I need some serious shoulder work before I could consider jumping back into play seriously.  I've started running 3 days a week but that hasn't done a thing for my shoulder.

Ok, it's short and sweet.  And I wrote it a month ago.  I'm pathetic.  I know.










No comments: