Safeco Field

Safeco Field

Monday, November 02, 2009

Amazingly Sad

It's not often that I get my feelings hurt. I mean really, it takes a lot and you'll have to be going for that goal. I'm not saying this to brag or anything. However, I was in a meeting last night that got me to that point. A bunch of coaches sitting around and instead of being able to fully celebrate accomplishment and the pleasure of competing against each other, it turned into just short of a ugly brawl. Accusations flew, people got mad and even worse, most just stayed quiet while all this happened because they were too chicken to step in. Phone calls and e-mails after the fact help a bit but step into the moment and say something instead of letting false accusations fly around the table. Instead, you let someone's integrity be questioned in the center of colleagues. But don't worry, you didn't stick your neck out so you didn't get burned or anything.

Sorry for the cynicism and biting sarcasm. I know my character is clean and you can question my integrity all you want b/c nothing you say will stick (statement directed towards a certain group of people only...not to probably anyone reading this). I have confidence in that. I guess it's nice to know the reverse isn't true. That's good knowledge to have.

No comments: