Safeco Field

Safeco Field

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Ok, so I'm lame...

I know, I know. I can hear you yelling at me from here (ok, so not really b/c there's like 5 people, maybe, who read this blog). It's the beginning of May and my last post was in January. Lame. I know. If you'll just calm down for a second, I'll catch you up.

So, I last posted my last and final trip of summer 2008. Woo hoo! Now, I just have to get my scrapbook done for that summer. Ug. Rephrase. Now I just have to get my scrapbook started for that summer. That's way more accurate....well, I have done one page of Washington DC so that's technically started.

Today I came home and surprised my mom for mother's day. And she was really surprised! I am so pumped! And so very proud of the rest of my family for keeping my secret. Ok, so it was under the threat of being punched in the face...but still, they kept the secret. And if you know anything about my family, you know that is a really big deal. So....Tyson picks me up from the airport and we head to the hospital. We go upstairs and Tyson knocks on the door of mom's office while making all sorts of funny faces at her. I stand back in the hallway and Tyson goes in. They're talking and Tyson's blocking the view of the door so I slip in and just stand there for a bit. Then he moves and I say, "Hi!" There's 10-seconds of absolute silence where Mom just stares at me. Then she goes to come give me a hug and asks me the super obvious question of, "What are you doing here?" Gee thanks, Mom...though I know she's super excited to see me. I tell her I'm here to surprise her for Mother's Day. And I accomplished my goal. She had no idea. Woo Hoo! She didn't cry like I expected her, too. Darn. She says she was too shocked. haha. She always surprises everyone else so I had my own fun this time. Yea!!

So, I'm in Spokane for the weekend. Tomorrow everyone is working so I get a free day to do homework! Yeah!! If you didn't know, I am enrolled in a Master's Program through the United States Sports Academy. Well, I guess two Master's Programs as I am dual-majoring in Sport Coaching and Sport Management. The eventual goal of all this hard work? Hum, good question. I was originally thinking of being an athletic director at the college level somewhere but I don't know if I like all the politic-ing that you'd have to do. Or the fundraising. I really enjoy getting to know somewhere and then hearing about their dreams then helping them figure out the steps in order to get there. Love it. I am always thinking of the steps necessary to do anything and everything. So...all in all, I figure it'll take me 2 years to finish b/c I'm dual-majoring plus not taking a full load b/c I do not have that kind of free time. I am enjoying it very much. The school has a practical approach to learning. It's not learning for the sake of doing busy work but actually preparing us to use the stuff we do even in the core classes in our future jobs. I appreciate that a lot. Useless busy work makes me angry. Which is why I didn't always do so well in school....lots of teachers like useless busy work.

I'll update more soon. I'm tired and my brother just got home. I'm going to go hang out with him for a few and then go to sleep!!
Take care. J

No comments: