Safeco Field

Safeco Field

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trip #2: Spokane

So, trips #2 & #3 are back-to-back. I headed to Spokane for a couple days (trip #2) then to WA DC (trip #3) for a week then back to Spokane for a couple days and then back to Longview. This post will be about both parts of my Spokane trip.

My favorite part about going home is to see family. Plus, it has normal weather. Like sunshine. Often.

Anyway, I have a cute baby nephew, Lucas, who will be 2 in December. He came in the car to surprise me when my mom & dad picked me up. It was a good surprise. He can't quite say my name yet so it's Mimi. The other day I was talking to my brother Tyson, who was babysitting, and he told Lucas Aunt Mimi was on the phone. All I could hear was his excitement grow and "Mimiiiiiii". Super cute. Miss that little guy. But of course I wouldn't be a good auntie without pictures....
The picture above shows us playing with bubbles. Lucas can't say my name but he has the word 'bubbles' down flat. It's one of his favorite things to do. So, we tried to make our own bubble solution which worked ok but not great. However, that doesn't really matter to a 1 1/2 year old. We were doing fine as you can see by the picture and then Lucas got a great idea...I'll show you in pictures.



Yeah. pretty funny. Bubble making was over but he was loving it. Cute kid.

So, I did do something OTHER than play with my cute nephew the whole time I was home--just one other thing. I went to my friend Annie Swanson's wedding. It was on a Sunday afternoon and it was sunny (even though it looked like rain was threatening early in the day). The wedding was held outside and the reception in a place called Mitchum's Barn. I'm really not kidding. It was laid back, simple and beautiful. The Young Life Area Director for the Spokane area did the ceremony. Before the ceremony he had asked both of them the same question: What do you love most about your future spouse? The answers were great and it was really fun to hear them. So, again, congrats Annie & Drew!

No comments: