Safeco Field

Safeco Field

Friday, May 11, 2012

I once started a 30 days of Photos on FaceBook.  Day One required 15 random facts.  I just happened to look over that today and started laughing:

1. I'm in a Master's Program, getting a dual degree in Sport Coaching and Sport Management.
2. I desperately desire to live overseas.....and soon!
8. Places I'd love to visit: the UK, Denmark, Australia, Kenya, US Virgin Islands, and anywhere in the French Polynesia


Bahahahahaha!!!  Posted January 26, 2011. Don't believe me?  ---->O Ye Of Little Faith


All my longings lie open before you, Lord;
    my sighing is not hidden from you.

Psalm 38:9 (NIV)


The Lord made it very clear (one of the clearest things I've ever heard from Him) that I was going to be in Longview-Kelso as long as it look for me to learn the stuff I needed to learn.  Him and I have much different timelines (6 months v. 8 years).....or is it that I have a slow learning curve?  We'll go with the different timeline thing.  However, no matter what the Lord know the deepest part of our hearts.  Those little longings, desires, and preferences.  The things you don't tell anyone else.  The things that sound silly to put voice to.  But our Daddy God, our Abba, he knows them and he delights in watching us get so excited over his gifts.  

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:7-11 (NIV)


This isn't the first time the Lord has fulfilled a longing of my heart.  Most definitely the biggest one.  If you have no idea how this all fits together, then you've missed the last couple posts.  Go back and read.  ;)

I'm so thankful that we have a Father who delights in the smallest of fleeting thoughts.  Thank you Lord for your gifts and blessings, large and small.  Thank you for knowing us better than we know ourselves....that you know the things we want, the things we need and everything in between.  Thank you for knowing the big picture and for not bending to my whims.  Amen.


No comments: